Auction UPA65 - bidding has now closed
(NO BUYER'S PREMIUM)
(*Introductory Offer valid for NEW Collector clients aged 18+ and resident in UK, USA, Canada, Western Europe, Australia, NZ)
(*Offer restricted to one per household)
The catalogue is available in a number of formats - please choose from one of the formats below...
this is a digital version of the printed catalogue
|this make take a few moments to download|
this is a copy of the bid form as it appears in the printed catalogue.
(5th April, 5pm)
|To participate in the LIVE bidding, please register at the-saleroom.com by 2pm (UK time) on Wednesday 5th April.
Please note - we will try our best, but we cannot guarantee to approve registration requests placed after this time.
Glossary of the terms used in our catalogue
|Lots 1 - 3999||(General items, Aden to Cape of Good Hope)||it may take a few moments for all the images to load|
|Lots 4000 - 7999||(Cape of Good Hope to Great Britain)||it may take a few moments for all the images to load|
|Lots 8000 - 11999||(Great Britain - Jamaica)||it may take a few moments for all the images to load|
|Lots 12000 - 15999||(Jamaica to Poland)||it may take a few moments for all the images to load|
|Lots 16000 - 19999||(Portugal to USA)||it may take a few moments for all the images to load|
|Lots 20000 - 21041||(USA to Zululand + Gallery)||it may take a few moments for all the images to load|
|Lots 1 - 21041||(all lots)||it may take longer for all the images to load|
|GB Lots||(GB + Channel Is + IOM)||it may take a few moments for all the images to load|
Future Auctions - see our auction schedule for 2016/17
AT A GLANCE....
THINGS YOU MAY NEED TO KNOW...
THE UPA REDUCING ESTIMATE SYSTEM
Each auction is a compilation of both high and lower value material, with some of the high value material owned by vendors and some by UPA. Our belief is that if an item is not selling, it is too expensive. This formula permits us to offer the Unique UPA Reducing Estimate System so that if an item does not sell, it will be reoffered in the next catalogue with the estimate reduced by 11%, and the item will be flagged to show that it has been previously unsold. Each time that item does not sell, it will be reoffered and the estimate will reduce by 11%, then 12%, 13%, 14% etc... accordingly. This allows items to find their own market value.
A lot is offered for the first time with an estimate of £100, but it does not sell.
The lot is reoffered in the next auction with an estimate of £89, but it does not sell.
The lot is reoffered in the next auction with an estimate of £78, but it does not sell.
The lot is reoffered in the next auction with an estimate of £67, etc...
(Estimate reductions are ‘ramped’ as above as each time a lot is unsold).
Bids below 80% of estimate have no chance of success. After the auction has closed, on the Friday evening we publish the UNSOLDS list of all lots that may be purchased (on a 1st come 1st served basis) at a standard 80% of estimate.
Lots that are previously unsold are denoted US (in bold text) at the end of the description, e.g...
US - previously unsold
US2 - previously unsold twice
US3 - previous unsold three times
Once a lot has been unsold five times or more and if the estimate has fallen to £12 or less, that lots drop in the BABS category (see below).
BABS : Bag A Bargain System
BABS lots are those items which have been unsold 5 times or more (marked US5, US6 etc...) and have estimates of £12 or less; such items are denoted by (B) at the end of the description. These lots start at 99p and you can bid any amount you wish, at or above this level. Standard bid steps (see below) apply to BABS lots so if you do not wish bid steps (tie-breaks) to apply to BABS lots, please indicate clearly on your bid form.
There isn't one! The only additional charge we apply is for shipping of heavy lots. If you are a new client or regular bidder you will enter our loyalty POST-FREE system whereby regular bidders for standard-sized lots, participating in 5 out of 6 auctions receive free shipping and insurance.
HOW TO BID
You can submit bids in one of the following ways...
· Email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bids are confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties
We do not accept BUY bids as this is unfair to other bidders. If you are prepared to pay a multiple of the estimate price for a particularly rare item please enter your maximum price, but beware that another bidder may also recognise special value in the same item and bid accordingly. We therefore recommend that you only enter the maximum you are prepared to pay.
You can bid any amount you choose, subject to the minimum amounts (for both BABS and non-BABS lots) as stipulated above.
If you are bidding to a budget, you can specify an overall spending limit when you bid. e.g... you can bid on items which, if you were to win them all, may cost £500, but if you specify a spending limit of £300, once your spending limit has been reached you will not win any more items.
NB - £60 is the minimum spending limit we can accept.
We are happy to accept conditional (either/or) bids. Simply list the items in your order of preference and mark them clearly as per the examples below...
lot 1234 @ £35 }
lot 1235 @ £32 } - one lot only
lot 1236 @ £37 }
lot 1234 @ £35
lot 1235 @ £32
lot 1236 @ £37
BID STEPS / TIE-BREAKS
A maximum of 3 bid steps can be applied to all or some of your bids in the event of a tie. Bid steps are applied as follows...
If bids are still tied after bid steps have been applied, the earlier bidder takes priority. Bid early to avoid disappointment!
Standard sized auction lots will be shipped Loyalty POST-FREE if you are a NEW / regular bidder (5 out of 6 auctions), otherwise...
UK CLIENTS: (shipping costs regardless of weight):
· Invoices up to £50 : Post+Packing = £2
· Invoices between £50 - £100 : Post+Packing = £3
· Invoices between £100 - £250 : Post+Packing = £4
· Invoices over £250 : Post+Packing = £7.50
· Invoices up to £50 : Post+Packing = £2.50
· Invoices between £50 - £100 : Post+Packing = £3.50
· Invoices between £100 - £250 : Post+Packing = £6.50
· Invoices over £250 : Post+Packing = £11.50
Insurance against loss in transit is FREE for the majority of countries. Exclusions include : South Africa, Nigeria, India, Pakistan, Russia, Ukraine and former Russian republics.
Lots described in the auction catalogue as HEAVY LOT (or similar) may be subject to additional shipping charges.
NB - Your statutory rights and UPA 30 day total guarantee are not affected
o Mastercard *
o Visa *
* We particularly recommend this payment method to our overseas clients as it is cheaper and quicker than obtaining bank drafts and the bank automatically converts your invoiced amount charged into your own currency. NB - we do not accept American Express or Diners Club.
o Cheques (payable to UPA) drawn on a UK Sterling account (allow 7 days to clear)
o Cheques (payable to UPA) drawn on a $ USD account from mainland banks only. (Please allow 28 days for cheques to clear)
o Bank transfer (net of bank charges) to account...
Bank : Santander UK plc
Account Name : N W P J Ltd T/A Omniphil
BIC : ABBYGB2LXXX
IBAN : GB84 ABBY 0901 5004 8968 15
Sort Code : 090150
Account Number : 04896815
o PayPal - to account email@example.com quoting your invoice number as your reference. Payment should be made in GBP British Pounds.
Please remember to quote your invoice number when making payment.
STAGGERED PAYMENT SERVICE
DESPATCH / SHIPPING
Bidders who provide payment details before the closing date are processed during the first despatch phase (in bidder number order). We usually get 2,000+ bidders and the first despatch phase takes approximately a week. We then process Clients who send payment in response to a pro-forma invoice.
A list of prices realised is published on our website immediately after invoices have been issued and a printed list of realisation is included with the next catalogue.
Those Unsold Lots which are available at 80% of estimate may be purchased from the Monday morning following the sale close. They will be available for a limited period on a first come first served basis.
· All lots are guaranteed such that any lot may be returned for a full refund. No Quibble. 1st class mail (or standard air mail) is ok for most things but we recommend that you get a proof of posting from the post office in case the item were to go missing. If you are returning goods in excess of £250 we request that you return them by Special Delivery (or Registered Airmail). Goods in excess of £250 returned by 1st class mail (or standard air mail) will be deemed to have been returned at your own risk.
· Lots must be returned in the condition they were received (in their entirety in their original stockcards or packaging) within 30 days of purchase. Returned lots may not be accepted by UPA if they have been tampered with, e.g. immersed in water, marked by an expert or expert committee, or treated by any other process, unless UPA's express permission has first been obtained in writing.
· We request that you state the reason for returning any item. This does not affect our guarantee, but it does help us in processing the returned items.
· We are happy to either refund you for anything returned to us, or if you prefer we can hold the amount as a credit-note which you can use towards your next auction invoice. Please specify.